Your instructer

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one teacher at our dojo. He is a 5th degree black belt.

He teaches Mu du kwan TKD

Sounds interesting. What's Mu Du Kwan?

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

There is only one teacher at our dojo. He is a 5th degree black belt.

He teaches Mu du kwan TKD

Sounds interesting. What's Mu Du Kwan?

Actually thats a good question. I'd like to know that too. I guess it is a style of TKD but that is about all I know about it.

Anybody know exactly what it is? The forms we do are-

Kicho 1-3 and

Palgwe 1-8 (?)

i studied moo duk kwon tkd, spelled slightly different but sounds the same when you pronounce it. In my school it was just like tang soo do and shotokan, kicho/basic form katas, heian/pynahn katas, nihanchi/tekki katas and basai....kicks and punches, some throws but not as much as judo, some manipultation but not as much as aikido, some grappling (very little), we did some jump and spinning kicks at higher ranks as seen in typical tkd...but it was overall standard karate type teachings......but i didn't study the palgwe forms which are more commonly seen in tkd

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Grandmaster Dr. James E. Harkins 9th degree black belt.

Shaolin Kung fu

Yang Style Tai Chi

Wujiquan

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

Hey, Im sure most people here go to dojo, So tell me the ranks of your teachers and what type of fighting they instruct,

My Shihan, (Owner of dojo): Is 8th Degree Black belt, (8th Dan)

My sensei, (Side instructer): Is 4th Degree Black Belt,(4th Dan)

They teach Origanal, Traditional Karate

My Sifu is a full time instructor with over 25 years of practicing & teaching Hung-Ga. Along with my SiGung, he has just written the cover story article in the 2006 May/June KUNG FU TAI CHI Magazine.

It depends for me I guess. My father was the head instructor most of the time (but there was a couple years of overlap where he was the side instructor) he has a 4th degree in Kalkinodo, 2nd in Karate-Do, 1st in Tae-Kwon Do, and bunch of training in all sorts of other systems.

The main Side instructor has a 4th degree and a 1st in Judo.. (and I dunno if he has any others)

~BBB

Training 14 years

Kalkinodo Blackbelt

My instructor is a 7th Dan in Chung Do Kwan TKD which is primarily what he teaches. He does also hold 3rd Dan in Olympic TKD, and a 1st degree in jujitsu.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.