• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Scorpion Kick...

I'm not directing this at any style but...

This is a specific kick, not-acrobatic but requires PONDEROUS back and frontal-thigh flexibility, and butt-strength. I can do the splits in the basic 3 directions but I can't begin to do this show-off kick. You basically lean forward slightly to allow your back to arch and your heal to rise past your sholder BACKWARDS and snap that heal at the attacker's face as though your leg transformed into a tail. (Any further confusion will be directed to one of Trinity's kicks at the beginning of Matrix: Reloaded).

For curiosity's sake: can anyone here do it?

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if im thinking of the same technique that you are talking about i can do it, or at least i used to be able to. It was probably within the first two years of my hardcore formal training that i saw this kick and attempted to reproduce it. At the start I didn't have great luck. I believe seeing the kick at the time off of a bruce lee and then later a brandon lee movie....maybe the crow. It took some practice and lots of working on stretches to get it to work out....i never did get it as good as any of them, but my friend and i would work self defense drills where i would have him in a side headlock and then id kick his head with that kick......overall it didn't seem too practical, it was more showy and flashy and probably made for hollywood...so i stopped working it.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I hear that.

A more practical, watered down scorpion kick is where your foot and leg is in the same position, but it snaps sideways akin to a roundhouse as opposed to over the back. Possibly still impractical self-defense wise, but I wasn't really thinking self-defense when it comes to "scoprion-something".

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I am totally going to try that on the bag tomorrow.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

I am totally going to try that on the bag tomorrow.

:o

Ouch.

Ouch ouch ouch.

I give up. :D :x

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Ha! I tried a new acrobatic kick today too. Except I need to work on my landing... Yeeowwww!

I never have been able to do this kick. What I need to know is how do you teach it. I have a student that wants to learn to do it.....but 8) :oops: 8)

"Train HARD to be HARD"

Hehe,

The first time I saw this kick was in the movie "Operation Scorpio" (im not sure of the title in cantonese,)

Haha, the scorpion style is just about as good as the eel style,

hehehe, eel style.

Tony Jaa pulls these (scorpion kicks) off in Ong Bak.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."