• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey all. A little help needed

Justice Prevails!

Or something like that... :lol:

It sounds like a win-win for everyone involved. Good Move! :up:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds like quite the ordeal. hopefully you have come out of it with a better understanding of yourself and a determination to never be the condescending/abusive/argumentative type. during my time trying to pass what i had learned on to others i met with frequent separations- let me say that from the teacher's perspective it is frustrating to see potential and experience wasted by pride. some of my favorite students would leave because they didn't see the point of regular ab workouts for example (goju is biiig on abs).

while i am not saying that you are in the wrong, i am saying that you should keep in touch with your former teachers (if you were close to them) and let them know that you are still practicing and honoring what they taught you. i wish i could thank my own instructors daily for sticking with me through my own trials- including pride (which still gets me!)

some thoughts on karateKarateRanch Blog

atalaya, I will still be with the same system, just a different school. I still have to come here (the main dojang) to test and my boyfriend trains here, so I will still be around. Just not training here (starting next month).

Laurie F

I am glad for you. What luck to beable to leave that situation and still go to a great school, same system, great instructor!

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Good luck Laurie! Sounds to me like you've made the right decision.

Good luck also to Heidi - you're gonna need it with Laurie at your school! lol, j/k Laurie!! :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Ok all. I need more advice. My decision to leave the main school is backfiring.

Anyways, I talked to the manager of the school again about my situation. This time, it is truely a financial situation. I told him about my lack of funds (which is true. I have 27 cents in my bank account). And I told him that I didn't want to stop training, and I wanted to stay in the system, so I

wanted to attend a sister school. Which would be easier on my budget. And I can get my BB, ect.

Even after all that, he still wants me to buy out my contract (I have two years left on a three year contract), which would cost me $1,000. Either payments or staight up. Where am I going to get that kind of money? I truely can't afford the tuition, let alone something like that.

I told my boyfriend and he thinks somehow the last manager screwed me by charging me $145 a month for tuition when every one else (he knows, he asked around) is paying $125 or something. And he thinks that the $1000 is wrong, too.

I don't know what to do. I don't have a dime to my name, and I really wanted to train again. There is ONE way out of it, but it's kind of drastic. I can call the billing company myself and stop the payments. (My boyfriend did this before. He called them to stop payments on a credit card to switch to other, and they didn't charge him when the school wanted $25 fee for the change if they had to do it). Then change my bank account. But if I do this, I won't be able to set foot in that dojang again, therefore never see my boyfriend train/test again. And I would still be able to train with Heidi, but never test.

Help?!?!?!?!

Laurie F