• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA shoes

rob50

I don't know if you remember the old converse version. They were white or black with the star. The bottoms on the heal have tread while the rest of the shoe is treadless and flat. They seem to hold up. I have been thinking of switching and tried on a pair the other night. If they were the right size I would have bought them.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still wearing Asics "medalist" wrestling shoes. Many people I know are wearing this one from Five Elements. It is the old Converse patent remanufactured under a new label.

http://www.valleymartialarts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=180

Here is my first topic I ever posted. It's on the same topic.

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4113&highlight=

Hey Red,

I just recently bought a pair like the one in your link, although they from Bushido Martial Arts, and in the Hi-Top version. I lucked out one day looking through EBAY, and got them for half the cost of the low-top version :brow: :D

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Hey Red,

I just recently bought a pair like the one in your link, although they from Bushido Martial Arts, and in the Hi-Top version. I lucked out one day looking through EBAY, and got them for half the cost of the low-top version :brow: :D

Nice one. So how about a review on the shoe from someone in the know? C'mon P. 8)

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Hey Red,

Nice one. So how about a review on the shoe from someone in the know? C'mon P. 8)

They are actually quite nice. The flat sole makes it easy to pivot on so there is less to no chance of snagging your foot on the surface your standing on. I have the jigsaw mats in my garage, and these shoes work great for pivots. I'd say even better than my Disciplines when I first bought them. Line many Hi-tops, they provide that extra ankle support. Overall I am happy with these shoes, especially since I paid half price for them :brow: :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• 4 weeks later...

Adidas has a nice MA shoe for TKD. I use them even though I practice Kyokushin and they work very well. I only use them when I kumite to get the realistic feeling of hitting someone with shoes on. How many times are you going to attack someone on the streets with your bare feet?

For what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his soul?

Mark 8:36

• 9 months later...

This is a good thread. I'd like to try some of these.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the Adidas MA shoes for JKD. They don't make the nice TKD 2000 anymore, so I got these: http://www.karatedepot.com/cl-sh-06.html. They come highly recommended, so I'll see how they fit and how I like them.

What's the benefit of MA shoes of just tennis shoes that you only wear in the dojo so that you don't track in dirt?

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

No, they're more streamlined and have a thinner sole that doesn't grip so fiercely. They have a flat bottom with no real tread. Some have padding on the top of the laces so you can spar with them.

I will have to get new shin/instep guards since the ones I have now go on bare feet and won't work with shoes.