• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The 18 hand lohan, and basically a mixture of many different parts of forms...I don't try to focus on using a specific technique when sparring or fighting. What happens happens.

Seek not and you will find. -Lao Tsu

I like to break out with the yang broadsword moves when we're fighting with shinai. It'll really throw some people. Don't actually know the name of the form. I believe it was done by a si fu choy??? Yes there is actually a space in between si and fu not sifu.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 5 weeks later...

monkey.

It's great when sparring in a Shotokan class. If I find an opponent who is near or above my skill level in that system...I begin utilizing monkey movements and attacks. It really throws them off.

I'll back off really far then roll in with a feigned stomp at their foot (of course they back it out) Then the monkey leg scissors are taking them down. Before they know it...I'm kneeling by their head with a punch at their nose. Other times I just get kicked:)

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

i dont know why but when i sparr with someone i keep imitating snake style i find its movements comfortable and i suppose thats what counts although i do wish my si fu wouldnt keep bringing it up lol

its like a finger pointing away to the moon.....dont concentrate on the finger or youu will miss all that heavenly glory

Have just learned 10 Killing Hands recently and am really enjoying it. It is a fairly short form (my first in Hung Gar) but it incorporates many of our Tiger/Crane line moves and is really an interesting series.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 7 months later...