• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sparring video

Hart

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is Daido Juku..it's an offshoot of Kyokushin with Judo, jujutsu, muay thai, boxing, and other arts...

Depending on the weights groin strikes can even be allowed and I guess it can be viewed as violent by some but this is fighting to me. Kiyotako Kata is a Daido Juku sensei I very much want to train under, Ossu!

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

we do this in the class but superwised, mostly our sensei is one side of it or a trained one against a new student so there is allways some kind of control in punches and throws. this is the closest you can get to a fight without harming each other in class.

I've heard that those plastic face shields Daido Juku-ka wear give them better peripheral vision than other types of head and face guards. However, I've also heard that they're susceptible to fogging-up. In fact, in the video clip, it looks like some of the competitors might be having this problem. Is it true that fogging is a problem with plastic face guards? If so, is there a way to mitigate the problem?

I know the ones we use at dojo fog like hell, but at work i buy some kinda of safty glasses for my workers, these are called "anti fog" and it works great since they use them with respirators, normal safty glasses get fogy in a minute,

I guess that leads to the next, obvious question...does anyone know of a company that sells martial arts plastic face shields that are made with anti-fog material?

I'm not impressed with this video. The sparring seemed more like brawling then well coordinated attacks, they also just seemed to through themselves at the opponent. Unless your fighting at a very high level and you know what you're doing, I would consider it brawling, regardless of the techniques being used.

Good to watch though :) .

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I thought it was good, not brawling at all there were techniques, straight punches, hooks, low level kicks, knees, headbut, ground work. that is what a fight looks like.

In some cases. Yes I know what a fight looks like, but I dont also want to seem like I completly hate the video or style which is unfair.

Watch MMA fights and Muay Thai fights, theres strategy, they had seemed to let each other get in close enough without using distance, but this is the style so I dont have a solid ground to judge it right? the agrression we saw in the video is good, but it lacks that something that makes the difference in my opinion.

The video was good and the sparring is good and all, just a little side note of my opinion.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn