• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Above and beyond first Dan

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Most TKD schools don't have much of a plan for advancement past 1st Dan. I would talk w/ your instructor about it, however. Maybe he/she does.

I must be very fortunate, then...the school (club) that I go to has specific requirements all the way to 5th Dan.

In any case, I don't understand how a lot of people can think "that's it" once you reach 1st Dan...IMO that's just the beginning. Main difference that I've seen is that I have to take more responsibility for my training.

I must be very fortunate, then...the school (club) that I go to has specific requirements all the way to 5th Dan.

Same here. The British Taekwondo Control Board (WTF) has set Dan requirements up to either 5th or 6th Dan (not quite sure which). Yesterday the assistant instructor at my club tested for her 3rd Dan (and passed!). She knew exactly what it was she had to do as there were detailed guidelines and specific requirements for candidates.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!