• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fighting

Yeh, I've never had to be in a fight... the couple times that I've been grabbed when I was out in the city, one strike so that I could pull away was sufficient. Therefore, my immediate use of violence prevented their use of serious violence against me (and thus me against them).

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If one punch in the gut will keep a bully off your back forever, then you should punch him.

Umm, no.

That is called letting the bully win. If you sock the bully, he has won. You will get in big trouble. The bully will most likely become the "Victim." You will actually probably get in more trouble than the bully. That is precisely what the bully wants. If you want to win the proverbial fight against the bully, the ABSOLUTE worst thing you can do is the thing he wants you to do, to take a swing at him.

In my opinion, if someone is being aggressive at you, than there is always a way to walk away. You just have to use your absolute most entirely powerful weapon, your mind. On the flipside, if someone has gotten themselves into a royal mess, than it is very possible that, if you wish to do the attacked person some good of sorts, you will have to use physical violence against the attacker, and, in that case, you should use violence against the attacker. That does not mean that you should beat the attacker into a sensless pulp. You should still use the most minimal amount of force possible to subdue the attacker.

Jist mah dos centos,

David

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

You don't know much about bullies, do you? As long as you don't resist and MAKE them stop in some way, you are empowering the bully. You don't have to stop them with violence necessarily.. but it seems to work pretty well. Anyways, all the bully has to do is take a swing, undefended, and you'll get in trouble for fighting anyways.

Telling people in these situations to just be pacifistic is endangering them just to make you feel noble and look 'enlightened'.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I have to agree with justice zero. Most bullies pick on people that they think will do little or nothing back. This is the reason that they are bullies. I have never seen any bullies walking up to the biggest peson and picking a fight. It is usally the most smallest, shy, quiet etc. kid/adult. In my opinion and in my expierence, when younger, a bully usally has to be made to stop by the indivudual that he is picking on.

Most bullies only uderstand violence, and that is often the reason that they act the way that they do. I'm not saying that it is moraly to retaliate, but....

"Si vis pacem, para bellum."

- If you want peace, prepare for war-

Vegetius

I think that there comes a time where you have to stand up for yourself and your beliefs. Otherwise, you have no right to complain when you get steamrolled into a little puddle and your rights and beliefs are taken away. The better fighter is the one who can win without fighting though. To me, beating the tar out of someone is much less satisfying than seeing them hauled away by the police. In self defense, I always think getting away is the best answer, but if you have to fight, do it with everything you've got.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1