• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hiya all, looking for advice preferably from someone with muay thai experience in the ring. im 18, 5' 8", 132lbs n have my first fight coming up on the 28th of april under full contact muay thai rules bar elbows. just wondering what i should really touch up on from now til the fight, more so what specifically should i spend most of my time on?

welcome to, the land of trepidation,... my promise, if you ever lay a finger.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WEll since your fight isn't that far away I'm assuming your conditioning is good, cardio, etc...

Just keep training hard, lots of rounds of thai pads, sparring drills, no hard sparring(dont' risk injury), running(wind spritns, up/down hills).

In the ring try not to go too crazy..lots of green fighters gas out because they let their adrenaline control them way too much. This is what I see happen the most with 1st time fighters.

Anyhoo, good luck and let us know how it goes.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

wait a second April 28? modified Muay Thai rules? 18, 5' 8", 132lbs?

I'm 17, 5'7, and 135lbs ( although I fought once just this SAT (3/25) )

I hope your not fighting at Fairtex because I'm probably going to be your opponent. :lol:

My first fight I had major problems with commiting to my attacks. I was not even hurt or tired toward the end of the match, and I should have knocked out my opponent, but I was not fighting the same way as I normally spar. I became too passive, managing to tire out my opponent I did nothing about. ( his nose ended up bleeding at the end though) One thing is for sure, out of all the first fights people go through they always regret something. I find it as a way to learn and others as a way to be depressed.

Confidence is something comes with training and experience. Just relax and don't burn out in the first few rounds.

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."

nah im fighting in melb, aus. been doing muay thai twice a week for around a year, now doing it 3 times a week, usually for about 2 hours, 2 and a half hours. was a brown belt at kyokushin and i felt that helped me pick up muay thai hella quick. im fighting another first timer in the ring.

i have 2 different instructors which spend a lot of time with me by myself n they have a lot of confidence in me winning this fight. i tend to be to quick for everyone at the club and not to blow my own horn but i think im very strong for my size. im the kinda fighter thats always moving in or firing a shot or two then shootin off to the side if i feel more shots wont pay off. have a great thrust kick which i can use to gain a lot of ground and have caught a lot of people out at the club with it when they thought i wouldnt be able to reach em.

as for my opponent i wouldnt have a clue bout anything bout him but my instructors gonna find all that out. he's gonna get people to spar with me n get em to fight much the way my opponents gonna.

thnx for the replies everyone.

welcome to, the land of trepidation,... my promise, if you ever lay a finger.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you still fighting on Friday?

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Stay relaxed. Dont try to KO your oponent with every strike. It'll tire you out. Focus on putting together combinations. combine hands and legs.

Keep your guard up, even when you are attacking.

Know that you are going to win and nothing will stop you.NOTHING!

Good luck mate!

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

• 1 month later...