• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gi's for kids

knarfster

I just wanted to let people know I just got a Tokon Kodomo Gi for my son, size 000 and it is suprisingly well made for a $30 Gi. He is 8 and is 4' 3" tall (130cm) but the size chart says 000 is for up to 3', which is crazy because I still had to wash it in hot water to shrink it a bit. It is just as good as his KI Mugen Gi (which I really like but he didn't because their smallest size, 00, was too big) which is almost twice the price. He also has a ronin light weight, which is all cotton, but doesn't look as nice as the other two. he stated with a cheap , made in Pakistan, poly/cotton blend, but it is aweful.

Yes, I have more money than Brains.

I have recently went through a Ronin middle weight, a KI 14Oz. heavy weight brused cotton and I just bought a Tokaido heavy weight. I have to say that the stitching on the KI is "nicer" (more uniform) but the brushed material is not nearly as nice as the Tokaido.

Funny, I am only 5' 7" but i weigh 200 Lbs , so I had to get a Size 5 top from KI and a size 4 bottom (bought two sets a 5 and a 4 , before i found a good seamstress. I had to get a 6 1/2 in the Tokaido to fit.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt