• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Girlfriend says Karate is taking over my life!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like she doesn't like what karate has done to your outlook on life and your overall lifestyle. If it were a matter of her being put off because you ran off to the dojo for class every single night, I'd simply say back off on your training, but I fail to see where you have developed into being overly obsessed. I would even question if you are with he right kind of girl. You would probably have much more common ground if she becomes an avid exerciser or athlete of some kind, even if her discipline of choice were not a martial art. This is why I only had decent luck dating girls who don't smoke and who are involved in some kind of sport, martial art or other physical activity (like cheerleading, dance or yoga)

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

:roll: I am surprised she hasn't gone looking for someone else yet if it is this bad.

Some partners just want to control and be in control. :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

My terms are that; I am going. I will devote my time and energy to it. I will sacrifce things other then my job and home for it.

If you have a problem, then maybe you should go find something that modivates you the same way... And no, It's not me.

I have had the pleasure of training with my pervious guy. It was wonderful becuase he had the same or more devotion to it.

KBear

"lick your wounds, anxious for the next ones"

listen just take her out too do more stuff that she likes. continue the training and everything but try to stop drinking and take her different places. Dont let it be too cheap and not too much just do something that you know she likes that is affordibale

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

listen just take her out too do more stuff that she likes.

Maybe one evening a week you could ask her to go for a walk with you?

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

listen just take her out too do more stuff that she likes.

Maybe one evening a week you could ask her to go for a walk with you?

Good idea. When the weather is nice my wife and I try to do that at least once a week but normally its 3 or 4 times a week.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

All I can do is wish you the best of luck as I work through this situation myself. It sucks.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu