• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Probably the most ironic Situation....

Hidden_Ronin

I doubt thied show, besides I don't think teaching scum like that how to fight would be a good idea.

While I dont have good advice for your overall topic, I have a say for this post(it was briefly mentioned before here also). Those people you refer to as "scum" will never learn to "fight". Its not in thier personalities to become great fighters in my definiton anyway. Two main reasons, one they lack understanding of the Martial Art way and Two they dont have a "clear" mind to understand a combat situation with a proper MA attitude.

Just my 2 cents...

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to my Head of year, Suprise supirse she said "I am aware of the situation now, michael. You are doing the right thing by ignoring it and reporting them"..... No, really? :dodgy:

In other words what that means to me is "I know whats happening, but im not going to do anything untill you cause one of them some damage." It probably sounds like im just moaning now, but I feel stuffed either way. If I do nothing thier hounding me, and if I move to defend myself or my friends im screwed. Ive already has to use on of the "kinder" techniques I know, a wrist escape. little * claimed I "wrenchd his arm". Considering I didn't know his next move I thought he got of lightly. I could have just have easily hit him with an emi. The annoying thing is if I report little things like this I just get the same staple answer. "Let me know who they are and Ill talk to them".

Run and hide chavs, someones coming to talk to you....

"Greet your friends with open arms, and your enemies with open hands"

I agree, I think inviting bullies into the karate class might show some personal respect to what they need and of course show them resp ect to others. Good idea.

"Not all the best people can be found in the ring"

• 2 weeks later...

There will never be a clear-cut answer to bullying, either in the dojo or school.

Unfortunately most people experience it at some time in their life.

I don't agree with your head of year Hidden_Ronin. I have never believed in the philosophy if you ignore a bully he will go away.

Although I am in no way advising confronting him you do need to keep your witnesses up to date and make a note of all little events that you don't feel like you can complain about. Then when you are in a situation you have to defend youself you also have evidence as to the bullying. Its the same thing police tell battered women and even nuisance neighbours.

Just my opinion so please don't have a go at me if others think I am wrong

Karate Ni Sentinashi

While I don't believe violence is a preferred answer to conflict, I do have a school experience to relate that may be helpful.

I attended a middle school here in the US that had its share of bullies patrolling the halls, and I had been terrorized by these merciless creeps since elementary school. The last straw was when I found myself apologizing, Marty McFly style, to one bully who delighted in torturing me. I went home that day resolving never to let myself be pushed around like that again. So at the age of 13, I began lifting weights and hitting the heavy bag every morning before school, practicing kicks and blocks I learned from a library book. After a few months of quietly preparing myself, I selected one of worst offenders of the school's lowlifes, who was at that moment picking on another helpless kid, and told him I was going to meet him after the last bell behind the school gym. That afternoon in front of at least 50+ of my classmates I gave him the beating of his life. I was never harrassed again for the rest of my school career.

That being said, today's thugs fearlessly carry weapons which they have no qualms about using, which makes my scenario less likely in 2006. But bullies in the end are really just cowards with inflated egos who gain strength in numbers, and if more people stood up to them rather than turning the cheek every time, these lowlifes likely would look elsewhere for their prey. Remember, most bullies are simply career criminals in training.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I had a problem with a kid bullying a friends brother. We were year 8, he was year 6, we confronted him (non-violently) he tried to justify himself by saying he was the hardest in year 6(???). Bout a month later he turned up at my karate class. In my style, you can't spar until your're a yellow belt, which takes about 4 or 5 months. He stuck at it, got his yellow belt, some mits and pads, and my instructor put him with me to see how he was doing (i was a 5th kyu). He came in hard on me, so i went out hard on him...never came back. The propa solid charv got beaten by an uber-smart skater. Now he just gives me glances of doom.

We also had a problem with bullying in the dojo, we sorted it now, but it was messy...anyone got any ideas, for future reference

We also had a problem with bullying in the dojo, we sorted it now, but it was messy...anyone got any ideas, for future reference

The dojo/training class should have strict bully rules. Any report, with witnesses, of students hassling other students or outsiders pressuring students should be dealt with promptly.

I would suggest a mild first penalty for insiders in trouble such as missing a few key classes. A potential reward situation should also be considered at the same time. Continued acts of improper conduct should be directed to the master in charge and penalties including expulsion can be continued as the problem escalates.

Martin

"Not all the best people can be found in the ring"

Bullies in the dojo should always be brought immediately to the head instructors attention. If they are bullying one person, they are bullying many, inside and outside the dojo. This in turn looks really bad on the dojo itself. Bad representation of the instructor and school. The head instructor may have to deal with this individual by expelling him/her if problems persist.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.