• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hobby?

younwhadoug

does anyone in hear draw as a hobby. or paint maybe. whats your other skill??

i have been drawing as long as i could pick up a crayon. i'm going to get some online soon. (scanner hasn't worked in years) i have an old gallery at elfwood online but its really old i dont maintain it anymore

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes, yes. It's been a while. I have lots of paints, brushes, etc. I'd like to get back into it eventually.

the more i get into martial arts the less i draw it seems. but now i just draw alot of martial arts stuff. used to draw alot of fantasy art dragons castles fea elves all that lord of the rings stuff

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

Although I do not do it often enough, I like any sort of woodworking. Last summer I built a kayak, and that sort of hooked me, and I am planning several projects (albeit rather a lot smaller than a kayak) currently. Not quite drawing, but a bit similiar.

David

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

I am usually quite good at everything I do or try, but two things I have been hopeless at- basketball and drawing. I have gotten into drawing lately though and I am much, much better now than I used to be. I think it may be because I am more focused from my martial arts training over the last 10 years. I drew a Christmas tree several months ago and that was the first thing I ever drew that I thought looked great and was proud to have drawn. I saved it, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Does music count?

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I'm a musician, but you don't want me near paints or drawing stuff. First, I am terrible at drawing. Stick people are good for me. Second, I always, without fail, make a mess everytime I try to paint/color/use pastels/use crayons/use any sort of art supply...

As for the music, I play flute and trumpet. I'm 6th out of 11 flutes in our school Symphonic band (the good band, the other band has 12 flutes, I think), and I play 2nd trumpet in the marching band, jazz band, and pep band. Oh, and I sing alto in the Concert Girl's choir.

Music has been more valuable to me in the MA than I ever thought it would be...

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu