• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

if you are looking to get into muay thai then the internet is not going to be good source of learning, find a muay thai gym around you or the closest thing to it (kickboxing) and get live lessons so you can have your mistakes corrected

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

you definitely want an instructor. I will admit though, that's impressive. I've never seen online thai instruction that im depth. I see a mistake (at least from what I've always been taught) though. In one of the animated gifs, there is a pic of a guy doing a leg check, but his toes are pointed toward the ground. This is incorrect - his foot should be flexed and his shin turned outward. It's shown correctly in all of the other pics and is also explained.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to add that you should seek a Muay Thai instructor with actual ring experience. Seems a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how many instructors out there are teaching Thai boxing who have never set foot in a ring for a real bout, amateur or pro.

There are no absolutes, but I had a splendid experience here training with a wonderful chap who was a Thai boxing champion and I learned a tremendous amount from him.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, tha's pretty stupid that you have to pay for the online thing. I really want to expand my mauy thai training and learn more but, no one really knows any around here. I live in a really small town. It sucks because, people tell me I have the potential to excel in all areas of Martial Arts but, I just cant find any schools close enough.

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez

Yea, tha's pretty stupid that you have to pay for the online thing. I really want to expand my mauy thai training and learn more but, no one really knows any around here. I live in a really small town. It sucks because, people tell me I have the potential to excel in all areas of Martial Arts but, I just cant find any schools close enough.

I found 3 schools in Connersville, and you are about 30 miles from Indianapolis. The training is available to you, 30 miles is not a prohibitive drive. (Unless you don't drive yet, that could be a problem.)

If so, make it apparent to your parents that you want to train in MA, and work out an arrangement with them (Chores to pay for the extra gas, whatever).

If you truly want to train, there is always a way. Even once or twice a week then train at home is better than nothing.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player