• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyuk Too Ki-Korean KickBoxing

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

not really impressed with either fighter. they got in there and did their thing though. If I were the little guy, I would stop using high and spinning kicks so much. If you notice, the result was the same - either he was off balance, pushed down or the impact knocked him dow - like the jump spinning heel kick he landed in round 2. it was beautiful, but the impact of it threw his balance off and he fell. If stomping were allowed, he woulda been in trouble.

look at how the thai boxer dominated round three. He stuffed almost every high or spinning kick attempt.

as for the style, that didn't look like tkd and muay thai. kickboxing maybe, but not muay thai.

EDIT: I just read something about the art. they say it's tkd with boxing's basic four punches, the thai roundhouse and the use of knees and elbows.

I agree. But height wasn't a factor in stepping in and jamming the kicker, making him fall.

I agree. However, the superior size gives one more confidence in the use of direct techniques such as jamming, where one may have to meet the opponents' techniques head on. But again, high kicks, specially excessive use of them, will put a fighter in compromising positions, which skilled opponents can easily manipulate.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

hard to say, I wasn't too impressed by the muay thai practitioner's skill. I almost fell asleep watching this fight.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

• 1 year later...

I was browsing through, and this old thread caught my eye. After watching the video, I didn't think it looked like a mix of Muay Thai and TKD, but it looked like an Olympic TKD fighter fighting a Muay Thai fighter.

The little guy's kicks may have been a little more effective if he wasn't fighting such a tall opponent...

I am not so sure that matters. He should either lower his kicks to lower targets, or try to create space to better set up his kicks with footwork. If anything, Olympic TKDers excell at creating space with footwork. He should have kept his hands up more, as well.