• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Head Instructor

Sometimes head instructors are like this so that the relationships with their students stays professional. It is difficult when they become buddy-buddy, and then the instructor has to reprimand them in class.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My grandmaster is that way. He is old school Chinese style of teacher. The only contact we have with him is when he is teaching us in the class (when and if he decides to come in that day). We are allowed to email him and ask him questions, but outside of class, there is no contact. At the end of the class, he does take a few minutes for questions and we can ask him anyting then or thank him for some insight or training we recieved, but that is pretty much it.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

I've got a good relationship with all of my students but it's only in my seniors intensive class that I really open up as I am closer to them. We always go for a drink to wind down after training too.

In my other classes I tend to end up listening more as the students are always telling me things that are happening in their lives. I don't share much of my personal life with them, mostly I talk to them about club related news and events and the seniors class which makes them work hard so they can get an invite to the class.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate