• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

getting hurt in a tournement

got kicked in the mouth hard at last tourny. it bled like crazy and my son freaked out. other than that i loved it. i was fighting a guy in a different system of tkd and he was a head hunter (and tall) i'm 5'8 150. when it happened everyone in our section of the bleachers got up, and when the fight continued they cheered me on. i still lost and needed stitches in several parts of my mouth but i don't care i turned into a hook kick wich was my fault. i showed great sportsmanship and it was exciting. anyone else get that feeling when they get hurt at a tourny.

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My last ever competition was 3 years ago and like that the girl kicked me in the mouth with a side kick, I thought I broke my jaw.

Even though I was hurt I still wanted to fight in the next style of sparring - point systems semi contact.

I haven't fought in a competition since, but that isn't the reason for it.

It's because I got my eyes fixed with laser treatment 3 years ago and still weary incase someone punches me to the face.

The last time that I got hurt was when I caught a spinning elbow in the mouth which was an illegal technique in this tournament. My lip was swollen and bleeding and my opponent did not even receive a warning but I accept that these things happen.

What works works

this may sound funny but i got kicked in the butt so hard on time i couldnt walk for like 2 weeks

other then that ive had the normal injuries (sore muscles, bruises, and blood)

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

a master (Master Ceth Jordan) was watching and told me that it was up to me if i wanted them to disqualify him, he then informed me that if it were him, he would continue the fight. i did and would have regardless. the this tournement was put together by Master Jordans division. the guy i competed with will be at the next one coming up and i hope to spar him agian. he might be a blackbelt though and i wont get to. either way it was a learning experience and thrilling!!

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

I don't believe in karma, but...

My second to last tourney - I broke somebody's nose, and got disqualified and ended up with third.

My last tourney - I got my nose broken and ended up with second (after refusing to let them DQ the guy (I was proud of myself for that)).

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

It is almost like a boost of adrenaline when getting hit at a tournament. I think if I miss a block and get nailed, it is my fault, not the competitor's for making the hit. It just makes me want to get in there and do better.

Bushido ----> sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read your reply. Sorry about your butt though :lol:

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

lol my instructor told me the most powerful roundouse hes seen me do is when we sparred and i got the left side of his butt real real hard.... we both laughed when it happened the he kick me in the head... and we laughed some more

• 4 weeks later...

Many years ago I took a hard solid roundhouse to the ribs and felt them break(2 ribs), I went down like a ton a bricks, after a three minute breather I got up and continued to fight off of my weak side, ended up holding the guy off for a 1 point win....then left for the hospital soon as it was over.. needless to say I took plenty of time off to let things heal back together.

"The patient fighter does'nt just charge his opponent, attacking at random and exposing himself to a counter. Rather, he waits until his opponite makes a mistake and engages when victory can be ensured" Jhoon Rhee