• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've oftem wondered tha exact specifics myself.From what I know,American kickboxing matches usually don't allow low kicks,and I know there is no knees or elbows.I could be wrong but this is what I have noticed.

ISAIAH 53:5

thai and international rules are more applicable, as they allow low kicks. That said, american rules kickboxing can be used in mma, however. it would just require a strategy change on your part - more boxing, less kicking. No kicks higher than the ribs, as the higher you kick, the more danger you are in, etc. Also, you can adapt your training to include low kicks.

I've oftem wondered tha exact specifics myself.From what I know,American kickboxing matches usually don't allow low kicks,and I know there is no knees or elbows.I could be wrong but this is what I have noticed.

for the record, muay thai matches in the US typically do not allow elbows either. The only two states I know of that will allow elbows in a thai match are colorado and nevada.

1. muay thai utilizes elbows more

2. there is a grey area there; technically, the ufc states that elbows are illegal. you can strike with the forearm, but not the point of the elbow...

the reason is that elbows cause cuts, which causes fights to end prematurely. Naturally, this make paying fans upset because they got cheated out of a fight.