• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello, I have a question. Maybe someone can help.

Im planning to get started in MMA in the future. I found a place that teaches BJJ, and Kickboxing. But its very far.

I now found a place really close to me that teaches Tang Soo Do, Kickboxing, and Japanese Ju Jitsu.

What I was wondering is, how does Japanese Ju Jitsu measure up to BJJ? Both in real life scenarios, and in competition?

If anyone really knows well, please let me know.

Also, how good is Joe Lewis Kickboxing?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, most JJJ styles don't have competition. You sound like you're lookinf for sport-type arts with harcore training methods.

You won't usaully find a lot of free sparring/rolling with JJJ, but there are exceptions.

Go try a class, see if you like it.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Yeah, I may check it out. The school advertises JJJ, but had some pictures of students using BJJ submissions on each other.

I'm hoping this will be good, so I dont have to travel as far to start my training. Atleast not yet. The other place has a competition team, so once I feel like I can start competing, I may jump over and start training with them. This way I will have BJJ, JJJ, Muay Thai, American Kickboxing, and Tang Soo Do training.

Both BJJ and JJJ are great arts. One more of a sport than the other, but both together I think is great. I've been having a great time in BJJ, mixing my Budo Taijutsu with BJJ is really fun. All these arts have the same roots, so make sure you the training methods are what you are looking for. I've been really lucky to find great teachers. Good luck to you.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

i take JJJ and i took alittle BJJ, they teach roughly the same submissions and in JJJ i do compete. one up side to what i do is we do judo with it and in out competitions we are permitted to stand up and fight. when i went to bjj we werent aloud to stand it was strictly ground fighting

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"