• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

stretching in combat

i was wondering.. when u are in ure dojo u normally are suppose to stretch before u fight because during combat u dont want 2 hurt urself.

but in an actually event whne u must fight to defend urself u most of the time do not have any time at all to stretch only 2 react to the person ur fighting. worst of all there might be some techniques u need 4 that situation but requar stretching

wat do u do.

PEACE :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

when stretching you will soon be able to move further then before you started stretching and the more you keep stretching the more your range of motion will increase.

so pretty much if you keep stretching your body should hold up fine in a fight, cause ive never seen anyone in a fight throw kicks 7 feet high just keep your movements within your range of motion and youll be fine. if fought alot of times without stetching before hand and have never had problems

also how you stretch is improtant, make sure your doing proper stretches, and stretch each muscle for about 3 to 5 mins and make sure you dont over stretch

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

Try stretch before you leave home because you never know if you'll need to fight durring the day.

Eventually you will be so flexible that you won't need to stretch every morning.

:karate:

"...to stand between the candle and the shining moon..."

That was awesome pepto!!!!! :lol:

I don't necessarily think it is that important to stretch before you leave your house to prepare for a possible attack. Your body will automatically respond to the adrenaline of being attacked. Doesn't mean you might not be sore later. Warming up and stretching out before class is done because you are about to train for several hours and you want to get the most of your training without injuring muscle.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

My thoughts are ~ before and after...

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

The chances of being hurt in a self defense situation are good. I would be least concerned with pulling a muscle and more concerned about ending the threaat or getting away from it.

Most likely you aren't going to be doing anything that requires a great deal of stretching anyhow.

In this life of mine I have seen nothing, known nothing or no one,not even myself or my God,that has not been both hard and soft.

In competition, you wouldn't want to hurt yourself so that you cannot defend yourself on the street if you need....If, on the street, you hurt yourself because of not streaching, I think that not competing for a while wouldn't be that bad of a trade off for defending ones self. In a real confrontation, you probably will gdt hurt.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

I don't stetch first for that very reason, but most of my movements don't require me to stretch, only to get my blood flowing.

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant