• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Head Butts

Like all techniques, it depends on the situation, range and opponent(s) and its a case of (to quote Dave Turton) "Adapt, Apply & Create".

Imagine you're pinned against a wall by an aggressor who has got you in a lapel grab, you're on tip-toe and you're nose to nose. That is the ideal time to use the headbutt. As always; Nearest tool, nearest target.

The headbutt is just another tool for your toolbox, learn it, practice it, train it, keep it and if need be, use it.

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

surely the only way your head should be used as a weapon in a fight is to think of the next hit or block. what is the point of attacking with the most vulnerable part of your body ?

A machine can do the work of 50 men, no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man though

surely the only way your head should be used as a weapon in a fight is to think of the next hit or block. what is the point of attacking with the most vulnerable part of your body ?

Frankly, you do TKD, which teaches you to kick with your instep. THAT is a much more vulnerable part of your body that the skull.

The skull above the eyeline, (the part that protects the brain) is very strong and very hard. It is a good striking weapon.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Firstly, most fights are at a range of 18 inches. At that range it's very difficult to hit and virtually impossible to block. I'd even go as far as saying that blocks are a complete waste of time in a 'real' fight, but I'll save that argument for another day.

Secondly, your head is only vulnerable as a target, not an attacking tool. The head is a very good weapon if you know how and when to use it, and I can say that with considerable experience (a the user).

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"

i think headbutts are stupid because what if the other guys head is tougher than yours and 10 times over

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

That's why head-butts are not supposed to be used against the SKULL. The face, jaw, etc sure. Lower targets are fine. The crown is just going to rattle you both to no end. But the face is usually a very easy target. Lots of loose things and soft structure to hit.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Ki master, that's like saying "punching is stupid because you might hit a hard target and hurt your hand." Obviously, if you hit your opponent with any weapon in a hard area, it will hurt you, too.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!