• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I should be more specific...

Give the people (students) a option of what they want to do and do not limit them. (limit them by no prayer or restriction of beliefs) This would be far better than no religon at all.

Do unto others, as they done to you.

How about "a moment of silence" as in some American schools? I think that is utter horse crap! Kids have to remain in their seats, so while many religions are given the chance to pray normally, some religions, such as Muslims, can't. I think a lot of things that we do in society should be eliminated becasue of religios conflict (ie. forcing someone to say the pledge of allegiance, swearing "so help you God" in a court of law, etc.)

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Why ask God why he allows violence in schools ?

The reply that he's not there is flawed anyway.

Violence is becoming increasingly more common in our society everywhere, not just the schools! I'm an atheist myself, but if God isn't in schools to stop violence, where is he then? Everywhere you go, there is violence and it is becoming increasingly more common and accepted by society. Hell, you could live in the same street as a rapist for all you know. I'm sure there's a lot of 'normal' people like this that you have no idea who they really are. I walk through a shopping centre every day knowing there's a rapist, who I'd have no idea otherwise unless my friend told me he tried to rape her. Violence is a major concern and the effects of violence on victims can be devestating. God cannot stop violence.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

there was a time were students could bring knoves fishing poles and rifles to school...violenve is a growing problem because the population is growing....you are going to have more of the same incidents with more people on a single room...

Is it not easier to strike a mountain than it is to strike a fly!

Its obvious Bon, there are no morals taught. So kids are encouraged to do crimes and they get penalized less than they would in a muslim or christian society. Therefore they can run around and do violent acts and only get 20 years in jail.. which leads to a growth of active participants in Martial Arts to defend against these punks.

On 2002-04-13 13:08, Gloi wrote:

I don't care what gods anyone believes in providing they do not try and indoctrinate young people before they are old enough to form their own opinions.

Well said Gloi - I agree entirely. If my kids decide they need to go to a building (church) later in life in order to be a better person then they can make that decision themselves. They get taught morality at home and use us, our parents, as role models. My kids know right from wrong & behave in a well adjusted, responsible manner - I don't need a God to teach them this.

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

It's not about knowing right from wrong or "being a good person." It's about salvation. I wonder how many people who responded in this forum have evr read any of the Bible.

I'm not trying to point fingers. It is just a thought. On another note, I'm retiring my participation in my own thread seeing as how it is pointless to bicker and no one comes to faith through argument.

When two tigers fight, one dies and the other is mortally wounded.

On 2002-04-16 02:26, tigerstyle18 wrote:

It's not about knowing right from wrong or "being a good person." It's about salvation. I wonder how many people who responded in this forum have evr read any of the Bible.

This is where we disagree - it has everything to do with doing the right thing here & now, and nothing to do with "salvation". Looks like we will never agree on this -which is ok too. :grin:

BTW - I have read the Bible from cover to cover. And the Qur'an. And many other religeous texts. And I will encourage my children to do the same when it comes time for them to find their own truth.

YODA

KarateForums Sempai

[ This Message was edited by: YODA on 2002-04-16 02:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: YODA on 2002-04-16 02:50 ]

YODA

Anyone can read the Bible and disreguard it as a book of fables, but most verses have a deeper meaning that is not easily translated by the common person which usually leads to misbelief. As soon as someone comes to a miracle they usually laugh at it and disreguard it as a myth.

Most people don't care, they think its an old garment.. they would rather go watch tv. Morals are founded from Christianity, i think its funny when people say they are going to teach someone morals without Christianity. What exactly are non Christian morals? If it feels good do it? Its not indoctrination, its protection from obvious bads. Many people are too wrapped up in their own affairs to see these obvious problems in the united states.