• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How could I increase my knee striking power and speed?

-Ray

-Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body.

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I got my knee striking power greater from doing lots and lots of squats.I do some where I go all tha way to tha ground almost where my butt is on my heels,then go up very slowly.I do some where I go all the way down and shoot up.Then some jumping squats.This has seemed to work very well for me on knee speed and power.Then of course working them on a partner holding thai pads,and banging em' on tha heavybag yourself as well.

ISAIAH 53:5

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be working on the stuff menitioned very soon =)

-Ray

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.

do you mean faster in isolation or faster during the course of a match?

best thing to speed up your throwing of knees is to continuously work them into each of your drills and routines. Stick a knee at the end of simple punch combinations when working with pads or the bag. Get someone to rush you and push you back and you work on staying balanced and able to knee. Work out some pressure drills to get you throwing knees as instintive responses. In short, just keep using them. More often than not, your knee; the movement itself and the time it takes you to react with one, are "slow" because your balance/base isn't quite right and you are not used to shifting from walking/punching stance to a kneeing one (it's all in the hip...).

In a clinch, the speed of a knee isn't even that important but your stability is so work your clinch more and your kneeing in that situation will improve as well.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

Thanks everybody for the input =)

-Ray

Dont forget technique. You may be strong and fast but if your technique isnt perfect you wont be able to utilise all your power.

Work on really getting up on the ball of your foot and thrusting your hips.

The knee should rise and then drive in forward rather than just rise.

For speed make sure you're relaxed till impact.

Practise on the pads and on the bag.Get the tech right first then add the power and speed. It should all fall into place.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

• 1 month later...