sords

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, buddy, I like a katana (Japanese "samurai" sword). However, I have found that I can only use it well with both hands, so if I am doing something where I want a weapon in each hand, I will drop down to a smaller sized sword- like a Wakizashi (which is the smaller version of the katana).

For some reason, I have never liked the "feel" of a straight bladed sword like a Ninja-To, most Chinese swords, and most European swords. And, since I am fairly small, I do not like the feel of the heavy "barbarian" style sword you might see in magazines. I just could never use one properly with my size and strength.

shi wa hei to de aru

"All are equal in the grave"

i like the shinobigatana it has a shorter blade than the Katana and a longer hilt i want one

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

It kinda depends on my mood. I really enjoy the quick movements of the gim, I like using the katana when fighting two handed, and the dao when fighting two weapon style.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

i only use hanwei forged or thaitsuki nihonto forged katanas

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

How expensive do those run Bushido? I'm looking for a new katana, which is my preferred bladed weapon, but butterfly knives, wakizashi, and even ginsu knives are great too. Broad swords I'm not a fan of, but double edged daggers I have no problem with. Nothing longer than six inches for me if it has two edges.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

How expensive do those run Bushido? I'm looking for a new katana, which is my preferred bladed weapon, but butterfly knives, wakizashi, and even ginsu knives are great too. Broad swords I'm not a fan of, but double edged daggers I have no problem with. Nothing longer than six inches for me if it has two edges.

they run anywhere from $600 to $1500

i paid $795 for my thaitsuki katana and its razor sharp, super strong and flexible high carbon steel, and the fittings are 94% silver. ive cut a lot of bamboo with it since ive gotten it and there arent even any scratches on the blade, its a really awesome sword and well worth the money

here is a pretty good sword dealer site

http://www.japaneseswords4samurai.com/

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

katana - never had the chance to train with it or learn how to use it but...

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt