• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ninja Myths?

I can't believe this topic wont die. Ninja's are the black hooded sheep of martial arts. I saw that discovery show too, I respected it till i saw the ninja guy and the secret manual. IF YOU ARE TRAINING AT A NINJA SCHOOL, YOU ARE BEING RIPPED OFF. (more than likely) unless of course you instructor is a 14th degree, then he is totally legit. good luck!!!!!! :o)

place clever martial arts phrase here

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this topic wont die. Ninja's are the black hooded sheep of martial arts. I saw that discovery show too, I respected it till i saw the ninja guy and the secret manual. IF YOU ARE TRAINING AT A NINJA SCHOOL, YOU ARE BEING RIPPED OFF. (more than likely) unless of course you instructor is a 14th degree, then he is totally legit. good luck!!!!!! :o)

i agree also i say that show too lol mad funni Shoto Tanemura is his name he still calls it ninjutsu

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

I agree with everthing said except for the 14th degree part. Waiting for the puff of smoke and the ninja dissappears....poof :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Shrowded in mystery and shadow... Play Tenchu

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyone who teaches "real" ninjitsu left?

Navy Seal, Marine Corps, Cia, Nsa, Mi6

White belt for life

that site in 45-50% accurate on ninjas it is a fun site but i wouldnt use it as a deffinate all about ninja site although they due have some "myths" that people belived in ancient japan about ninja https://www.winjutsu.com would help answer questions

White belt for life

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have to tell you guys that I'm a bit supprised that no one knows what Ninja's really are. The word Ninja means invisible assasin, and basically that's what they were. In the mid late 1800's (don't quote me on the years) when the Emperor was trying to bring in modern western culture, some of the Samurai clans disagreed with what was going on and tried to revolt against the emperors advisors who were making most of the main decisions about bringing in firearms to their military and modernising their way of life. The advisors didn't like what the revolting samurai clans were doing and trained a secret group of people in similar ways to the samurai, but with some main differences. They were well practiced in hiding and climbing trees, and using throwing weapons (like throwing stars and daggers). They trained these guys to kill the leaders of the revolting samurai clans. That's where ninja's come from. Their hand to hand style (no weapons) is called Ninjitsu, and is similar to Jujitsu except you usually end your throw, takedown, or lock with a move that kills. In the modern world Ninjitsu is not taught to this degree and if you find a ninjitsu school you'll basically be learning Japanese Jujitsu (not to be confused with Brazillian Jujitsu).

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Ninja's, in their day, wore everyday clothes to blend in with everyday people.

In the modern Japanese theater the props were put in place, or moved (like the waves of the sea), by people (props dept) who wore all black, so they couldn't be seen. However, at times they could be seen so they were ignored.

It became the norm, when watching something at the theatre, to ignore the 'men in black' and to treat them as 'invisible'. That mindset led to Ninja's wearing black many many years later.

So, in essance, it's a theatre costume worn by the props dept, linked to being 'invisible', that later became the uniform of the Ninja!

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"