Longest Kata?

Whitefeather

How many stance changes?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many stance changes?

• 10-30
    • 30-50
    • 50-70

Gorge Alexander is a very good martial artist but he is not a crane expert....

I'm not sure that Matsumura was a crane master either. :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the hand position problem? Are we talking about the same George Alexander. The one that is a 9th Dan and learned Hakutsuru on Okinawa historian, author, and owner and producer of Yamazato Videos.

that's the man, the historian,the auther the owner. the one who learned Hakutsuru in Okinawa. there are some details and principals in okinawan crane system, i saw his kuminora no Hakutsuru.

sometimes i have seen okinawan do the kata slightly different in their videos but i am not sure about sensei Alexander, it just seems slopy in some of the moves and i am not talking about being sloppy in a shotokan kata since crane katas are soft by nature.

in general we have sticky hand techniques and striking hands, crane blocks with forearm and then grabs and pulls before toe kicks, when it striks hard the fingers wouldn't collaps because of hand positioning and angels which create tention in tendons without help from musclles and it is not just conditioning, this is the part i don't see in his kata , maybe he is just tired.