• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have you ever rented a Martial Art training DVD?

Have you ever rented a Martial Art training DVD?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever rented a Martial Art training DVD?

• No
    • Yes, frequently (2-3 times a week).
    • Yes, a few times a month.
    • Once or twice but they didn't do much for me.

Just curious how many people here rent Martial Art training DVD's or tapes. What are your experiences with it?

If not why not? What's stopping you from doing so? Cost? Rental time? For those that rent do you feel like you can pick up things over the short rental time?

What do you mainly use it for? Reference? Picking up a new technique or two? Do you mainly rent from your own style or do you mainly rent other styles since you're getting all you need from your primary style and don't need reference material on it?

An associate/friend is thinking about opening up a Martial Art video rental store that caters both over the internet and to local schools. I personally have never rented them (only bought). I thought I'd ask some people and give him some feedback.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Before I actually started training, my parents bought me a video that featured the Green Ranger (from Power Rangers), and he taught simple moves and did a kata at the end. Not exactly a training video, but fun for kids.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'

well u c, back wen i got picked own on a daily bases, i rented a martial arts video for self defence situations at school, that was mistake 1 mistake to was what video it was.

it was ..... THE GREEN RANGER KARATE VIDEO FROM THE POWER RANGERS AND WHITE RANGER KARATE VIDEO BOX SET. ( they both had basicly the same moves but whgite ranger was suppose 2 be for the people who already whatched white and wwerent killed already.

i no both those chooses were very bad especially the last one.

because martial arts can not be learned from a tape or book only a actual teacher, in a actual lesson. :) :karate:

PEACE :karate:

I don't use them, but my boyfriend learns from them quite effectively. I think their effectiveness has a lot to do with your learning style.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

I don't use them, but my boyfriend learns from them quite effectively. I think their effectiveness has a lot to do with your learning style.

I learn from them alot too. I think if you know how to analyze techniques instead of just doing them DVD's can help a lot.

100+ views and only 6 votes? :o Please. Just a click guys.

I bought a dvd that I think was called killing blows. I don' t know why I bought it. It was interesting to watch but because I have experience in the Martial Arts, it made me think "holy crap, what if people with no experience and no guidance actually tried to use this on someone." It is very hard to learn from a dvd and not be able to have an instructor to ask questions.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I think it is better to have a teacher to watch you so that you don't make mistakes, you cant watch yourself

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.