• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BOB and Wavemaster Punching Bags

Cross_Trainer

I am not sure if it was called wavemaster, but I had one very similar although it was long (not sure what sizes the wavemaster is available in). I lived just outside of Washington D.C. at the time and was taking WTF TKD. Some of the best memories I have are of me in my ground floor apartment with my floor to ceiling windows training with the punch bag. The weather outside was 90 to 95 degrees. It was wonderful. :D

When I took my gradings we had to break boards. One of my breaks was a skip side kick and I remember going home and trying it out lots of times on my wavemaster. I then went and took the grading and when I had to break the board, I did it first time. It was great.

I am now living in England and I really miss my wavemaster. I am thinking about getting a new one. I would like to get one with the targets numbered on it, if it is not too expensive.

I will now be practicing both kicks and punches on it.

For me it was one of the best training tools I had at home. However, it really depends on the person.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

Armorofgod I would like the plans if you would mind sending them to me my e-mail is blueturbocoupe@yahoo.com Right now I have to keep haning my 100lb bag from a tree branch, which is a real work out in itself. lol

I also like the bob because it lets you practice accuracy on a human form.

I don't own own one but my dojo has 2 and they are pretty neat. However, the heavy bag is far superior escpically if is the first thing you are going to purchace, because they really take a beating. The wave master can come unglued from the stand as is the case with about 4 of them my dojo owns. I purchaced a everlast 100 lb bag about a year back I and it can stannd up to the elemnts if it is left out side

The bob might be a good addition after already owing a heavybag but a heavybag gives enought versatitlity that you proabaly wont want to spenad the $ on a BOB. The only bad part of a heavy bag is they have to hang from a support.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum."

- If you want peace, prepare for war-

Vegetius

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned hanging bags and wavemasters. The hanging bag is obviously superior, but I suppose the wavemaster is better than nothing if there is no place to hang a bag, particularly for beginners.

I can only use the heavyweight model because I knock over the red bag too easily. Even the heavyweight model is completely worthless with Thai round kicks and sidekicks. But until I can convince my wife to move from our condo or strap on some Thai pads, I do what I can outside of the dojo.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I had the same problem as grandmasterchen in that I broke the bag with a side kick. Not 8 times though, I'm over 50 so it takes more work to bust one. I like the feel of the hanging wavemaster with the water core and the foam. It has the feel of hitting a torso. The sand filled bags tend to be like a brick at the bottom and I like to hang them where the bottom is near solar plexus level and you can uppercut them. If you keep hitting something this hard and forget your gloves occasionally, you're probably going to end up with arthritis in your hands. I didn't give a flip about that in my twenties but now :o

I sweat a lot and when I broke the bladder in the wavemaster I thought that I was really sweating up a storm until I noticed that there was about 2 gallons or more on the floor :)