• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Rape Escape" system

I definately agree that BJJ would be an excellent place to learn the appropriate self defense! 90% of the basic techniques taught from the guard would be perfect. Afterall, that's where the attacker wants to get.

I would point out, however, that you admit you carry yourself wrong. I teach self defense at a state university and I'll tell you that all the techniques in the world will not change how you carry yourself. Only you can do that. Whether you live through the situation or not...you're still a victim. My question to you would be this: How long are you willing to be a victim?

You first need to look at everything you do. How you dress, how you walk, how you talk, where you go and why. Do you get enough sleep, if not...do you look tired when you're out? Do you drink, do you do drugs, do you smoke ect...These questions are rhetorical. I don't really want the answers...but you need them.

Being abused when you were 4 was the act of a very sick person and was not your fault! You must come to terms with this...or it will haunt you. It's something no one should have to go through. Understand, however, that the more you abuse yourself now, though, will affect YOUR kids. You never have to be perfect, just don't allow yourself to be a victim any longer.

Walk tall and be proud. You have children...you're a mother. So be the mother...strong, convicted, determined, just and fair. God bless and good luck.

Bill

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, why not talk to your instructor, see if he or she can give you some private instruction on how to deal with possible sexual assaults. They should be able to do that.

I agree, talk to your instructor. I myself have never had the type of problem you are talking about, but a friend at my school recently went through a very bad divorce, and she felt unsafe at home. She talked to our teacher about it and he had me come in (because I'm sooooo much bigger than her) to use me as a practice assaillent, and he gave her a private lesson with some very effective techniques that she actually ended up having to use.

When it was all over though, she came in and thanks me and our instructor for the lesson that in the end saved her life.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."