• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Rape Escape" system

I never bother with these things. Seen them, heard about, couldn't care less about them. The only valuable training you'll receive is in daily practice once or twice a week with a teacher, not a two or day long seminar. Seminars are just for show, not real instruction. Save your money.

Laura

I've stopped going to most seminars, even the free ones, because although they are an opportunity to expand my awareness of martial arts, I often find that they are a waste of time for absorbing materials. But occasionally I find one that breaks the mold.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you all THE technique for getting out of a rape situation with someone unarmed. Grab the man's head around the back, and stick your thumbs in his eyes. All the way, until they can't go any further. Do this with all your strength and all your rage, because you don't want to screw it up, you may not have a second chance. Even guys who are on drugs and feel no pain can't do much when they're blind. He deserves worse anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I will tell you all THE technique for getting out of a rape situation with someone unarmed. Grab the man's head around the back, and stick your thumbs in his eyes. All the way, until they can't go any further. Do this with all your strength and all your rage, because you don't want to screw it up, you may not have a second chance. Even guys who are on drugs and feel no pain can't do much when they're blind. He deserves worse anyway.

Easier said than done. Lets assume the rapist is going to be the man on top, since hes going to be searching for a smaller weaker target and attempt to catch her by surprise.

Attempting said technique from the bottom is going to be extremely ineffective because all he needs to do is move his head, close his eyes, or push your hands away from his head.

Tactics and suggestions such as "gouge his eyes" or "grab his groin" have been around for as long as humans have been fighting but it very rarely works out for the victim.

Jersey hit the nail on the head. Eye gouges are great when the gouger has a dominant position but are almost useless from underneath (except perhaps from the guard).

The best rape/sexual assault defense for a woman IMO is to get used to grappling on the floor with someone larger and stronger. It doesn't have so much to do with any actual techniques as it does with learning what a real fight FEELS like.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate the idea, but I don't think a stun gun is the answer for me. Believe me, I have thought about carrying something, but it seems entirely impractical for a number of reasons:

1) I am VERY busy, and would soon tire of having it 'at the ready'

2) I am afraid it would be turned against me

3) I am concerned my kids would find it and hurt themselves

I stongly believe that I am targeted because of how I carry myself. I have been abused since the age of 4. As an adult I have been in two abusive relationships, and been targeted by 'bad guys' easily half a dozen times (everything from a purse snatching to a guy who meant me clear physical harm).

I think the answer to my concerns is to get confident, walk with my head up, and be able to look people in the eye. I just never learned that. That sort of posture/attitude is foreign to me. But, I can learn it. One of the senseis at my dojo is a woman. She is at times my drill seargent and at times my sister.

Mace or a stun gun might be good for high-risk moments, if I can anticipate them. But as a viable permanent solution, I just don't have confidence in them.

From reading your post I want to give you two pieces of advice. First, you need to seek professional counseling. I say that sincerly, you have some issues there with boundaries, image, esteem and probally other things that they can help you work through. It'll help.

Second, you can have faith in stun guns and OC. Contact your local law enforcement agency about practical self defense training in your area. Take a weapons training class from a local range, even if you dont plan on carrying a firearm (which I also recommend), and study a form of combative martial art (which you may already be doing).

I sincerly hope you follow these recommendations. Good luck to you.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell

In affect, there are over 15 pressure points in the head, however; like Jersey Devil siad;

Lets assume the rapist is going to be the man on top... all he needs to do is move his head, close his eyes, or push your hands away from his head...

Correct... I have been thinking about this and i can only think of one way in which you can get out of this situation...

If he has pinned your arms above your head, then you could (in theory) bring one of those arms across your body and put him in an arm lock... I'm not sure about that (and like i said, its all theory)... If you can get one of your hands away from him, punch him or scratch him or even gouge his eyes out...

You could also use the palm of your hand and hit under his nose... (but that comes with a warning; if you hit that cartilidge under the nose too hard, then the bone above it will go into the brain...)

It depends if you want to harm him bably, or harm him so that you can get away to the police etc...

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

That's not true. It has been debated over and over here, but any type of striking from an inferior position is ineffectual.

If you could effectively strike some who mounted or cross mounted you easily, you would see it in MMA. Also, gouging is not an effective counter to grappling technqiues. Futhermore, how many times have you gouged your partners eyes while training? Probably none, maybe once accidentally. Are you telling me you are going to use a technique in a street fight you've never practiced? On the other hand, the grappler who has you pinned is used to holding down and controling opponents.

Oh, and the bone into the brain thing is totally false. It is considered one of the biggest MA myths of all time.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

y'know the best rape defense i ever heard? i met a girl who got assaulted and dragged away and as the whole bit started, she said something to the end of going through her period or having an STD or something to that end, and asking if he'd let her go for oral sex instead. while he was lying prone on his back and bit or stomped or struck him, hard, right in the groing, and ran like mad and got help immediatly. i always thought it was fairly clever because, well, he's fairly defenseless at that point and she gave herself plenty of time to calm down and compose herself.

she, however, had no MA training, and you do, from a teacher you know, trust, and resepect. i agree with glockmeister, why not talk to her? she'll most certainly have sound advice, additional techniques, or at the very least have a suggestion for a quality place to learn from. furthermore, if street self defense is your aim, it'll let her gauge your techniques from that standpoint, making sure things are proper for that situation, rather than someone who's there for the preservation of art or self discipline.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai