• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kano's book on Judo shows many of these positions. However, I thought that in competition they tried to prevent stalling by standing the competitors up frequently. I could be wrong, though.

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kano's book on Judo shows many of these positions. However, I thought that in competition they tried to prevent stalling by standing the competitors up frequently. I could be wrong, though.

they do.. and I have that book, it is a excellent one... but the "olympic" throws are pretty much the same as Kodokan or Kosen.. a Seoinage will always be a Seoinage, you cant really learn it any different, but I have heard and noticed that in lot of "Olympic" Judo schools they variate some throws by grabbing the back of the belt a lot more.. but thats what I heard though??.. :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

That could be right. Every style has their own little nuances on technqiues. But you are right, seionage is seionage, no matter what language or culture. It may have a different name, but that is cultural/language based.

Yes that is right , they do emphsis more on belt throwning than normal.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

Judo emphasizes the stand up- throw your opponent, whereas BJJ will emphasize working the opponent into a submission hold.

Both are good - I took both and enjoyed each for what it offered!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" Confucius

http://graniteshotokan.wordpress.com