• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a few people hit me with Dim Mak's before :o

- needless to say Im still waiting to die :lol:

I wonder how many people, on whom dimmak was applied by real experts and not by Mc dojo-ists, are not here nor able to testify, and in person, to its effectiveness in internet forums such as this.. :D

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

Hapkido teaches strikes to the dim mak points and other vital areas much to he same effect! I dont think it is only one art, if you look closely at any striking art they aim for these areas.

Yes most of the Chinese and the Japanese arts that I know of do. I would would guess that even Muay Thai as practised in its non-sport format does so as well.

It is just that some arts concentrate more on PP and vital area strikes than others.......

....Not only concentrate, but take it further into other realms, for example, the ways of hitting various points; the type of internal energy used and the angles. Here is where the higher levels of kung fu practise come into their own. And no there are no shortcuts. To achieve such skills one has to practise much longer than anyone practising the shall we say the more external styles.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

I've had a few people hit me with Dim Mak's before :o

- needless to say Im still waiting to die :lol:

I wonder how many people, on whom dimmak was applied by real experts and not by Mc dojo-ists, are not here nor able to testify, and in person, to its effectiveness in internet forums such as this.. :D

Lets put it this way- BJJ has never proven to be too effective for challenge matches. Take anyone who claims to be uber deadly with dim mak death touches to any BJJ school and make such a claim to the instructor- they will have no problem proving you wrong.

Lets be serious here- the Gracie Challenge was up for many years- defeat a Gracie and you win $100,000. Surely a dim mak expert could come up and defeat such a person- after all, if you have the skill to execute such a technique, surely you could pull your deadliness just a little bit to subdue an opponent.

The following statement is fact- no one has proven any kind of death touch to be effective in a real altercation in front of a general audience.

As a result, Im forced to ask- how many people have you actually killed with a death touch? Until you have, what proof do you have that it actually works, other than your instructors word?

Lets put it this way- BJJ has never proven to be too effective for challenge matches. Take anyone who claims to be uber deadly with dim mak death touches to any BJJ school and make such a claim to the instructor- they will have no problem proving you wrong.

Lets be serious here- the Gracie Challenge was up for many years- defeat a Gracie and you win $100,000. Surely a dim mak expert could come up and defeat such a person- after all, if you have the skill to execute such a technique, surely you could pull your deadliness just a little bit to subdue an opponent.

The following statement is fact- no one has proven any kind of death touch to be effective in a real altercation in front of a general audience.

As a result, Im forced to ask- how many people have you actually killed with a death touch? Until you have, what proof do you have that it actually works, other than your instructors word?

---> I can understand your doubt. I was the same way at first, I questioned everything & always volunteered to get hit, thrown or locked. I've put my time in & have been witness to some amazing things. IMO the few out there that have dim mak skill really don't care if people believe or not. Certainly aren't going to kill someone in front of an audience just to prove it's real.

A few years back I was speaking with a Sifu with iron palm skills who said the UFC has restrictions against anyone with that skill from entering. I know very little about the UFC so I'd be interested in finding out if this is true.

• 4 weeks later...

i've never seen someone who doubt pressure points falls by simple hits, it's just a Gold mine for people like Goerge Dillman. and who says dim mak is banned, you think federal goverment has nothing else to do?

• 2 months later...

I understand Dim Mak to be techniques that interfere with your body is some way. For example, there are certain parts of the hand that fit into certain parts of the head portion of a person that if connected is the right way and with the right force can cause problems. The technique can appear as if it were just a touch when in fact it is more. As for timing the death or severe injury I don't know. Many rumors and stories grow with time. I'm not saying that this stuff is not real or exadgerated (sp) but I am open to the possibility that it is...at least a bit. Of course there are so many things that a majority of us don't know.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• 2 weeks later...

I take it that you are all talking about Kyusho and the use if Dim Mak (obvisously from the past posts! :D)

The use of Dim Mak does work, there are several places on your body that if hit properly with a gyaki-zuki then it can cause that person to die (like i said, if hit properly)

Other areas on the body are called "Pressure Points" in which if you hit them then the person would fall to the ground... There are lines in which your Qi (energy) flows, in turn are called Meridians. In certain points of these meridians, are the pressure points (in other words, these are just a small cluster of nerves, and different points along the lines...)

There are different meridians... You have the Stomach, Liver, Lungs etc... and literally, if you hit one of these pressure points on one of the meridian (say Lung Meridian) then you cause that person the gasp quickly... If you did the same to a stomach meridian, then you'll make the person feel queezy...

These meridians flow throughout your body, not in the same place as the name of the meridian... For example, your Lung meridian doesn't start at the lungs, in fact it starts near your collar bone...:-? :lol:

Now, the vital organs have two "symmetrical" meridians, while the others like eyes and nose only have one... If you hit (say on the left) a stomach meridian, then you MUST NEVER hit on the oppsite side. This is so as the opposite side will help to heal the other side as quickly as possible. However, if you you hit the Nose meridian, then you won't be able to recover as qucikly, only time can do so...

Hope that clears it up! Anything more about Dim Mak and Kyusho, don't hesitate to PM or ask me! :D

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

• 2 weeks later...

I've never experienced dim mak myself , but check out the Dim Mak video here, with master Duan Bao Hua.

http://www.taoofdefiance.com/category/martial-arts/traditional-martial-arts/kung-fu/

you'll need to click "click to read more" in the "mind, body and kick.." article, because your ridiculuous automated censor won't let me post that URL because it has the word a-s-s in it. Its the name of a TV program, for F's sake. As in "Mind, body and kick a-s-s moves".

anyway, seems pretty real to me..

this tai chi master, Erle Montaigue also claims true tai chi uses pressure point strikes and has released a tonne of videos books and articles about it

http://taichiworld.com/

Don't know how legit he is though.