• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any body else here know dimmok. I would love to hear about their experiences and training. Why did you pick this style?

I picked this style by the luck of the moment. My girlfriends uncle trained from a dimmok master and incorporates it with many other styles of fighting, keeping philosophy close at hand, without the philosophy the movements would have no meaning, i see some of you here rely on only movements rather than understanding the philosophy behind the movements.

please i would love to hear from any one who has been trained by a dimmok master or from a teacher who has been trained by a dimmok master.

"It doesnt take a belt to determine ones self achievement, one self will know instinctivly when oneself has achieved." - anonymouse

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you refering to Dim Mak? My grandmaster has hit dim mak points on me before. Man, weird things start happening when pressure points are struck.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

yes it can be reffered to either way, pretty rare , not tought in the united states, for it has been banned in the united states. my trainor will not teach me certain techniques of dim mok :(

Dim Mak is a part of many kung fu systems. Other martial arts have something similar. Putting the time in to learn your chosen style & gaining your Sifu's trust to share the knowledge is the 'secret' to dim mak. It's a developed skill incorporated into existing fighting knowledge - it's not a short cut. No fighting/defense ability = no dim mak skills, you will only be lethal to yourself.

I've had a few people hit me with Dim Mak's before :o

- needless to say Im still waiting to die :lol:

There arent any shortcuts in learning how to fight- arent any secrets either. Its just like any other physical activity (basketball, football, baseball, etc). It takes time and dedication.

I've had a few people hit me with Dim Mak's before :o - needless to say Im still waiting to die :lol:

---> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You've been struck with a delayed death touch, in about 50 to 60+ years you will die. :wink:

There arent any shortcuts in learning how to fight- arent any secrets either.

---> I agree there are no short cuts to learnig how to fight. However I do think some methods are more efficient than others. Dim mak is a further refinement of the basic effective technique.

It takes time and dedication.

---> Absolutely.

Hapkido teaches strikes to the dim mak points and other vital areas much to he same effect! I dont think it is only one art, if you look closely at any striking art they aim for these areas.

It is just that some arts concentrate more on PP and vital area strikes than others, but it is present in every striking art I know of!

MARTIAL ARTS IS NOT A GAME...THEREFORE IS NOT A SPORT!