• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Long term and Short tern goals?

Hiya

Just a random question here: what is everyone's long term goal and short term goals?

Here's mine. :grin:

Long term goal-To lose at least 30 pounds by September, and to maybe start something like ju-jitsu or hapkido for crosstraining once I get better in TKD.

Short term goal- Try to eat more healthy and to be able to do the splits... I'm getting closer :grin: :grin:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get back to below 300 and get some flexabilty back

Long term to be the best I can be at whatever I do.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

long term to be able to stretch well coz at the moment im really bad at them and to eat something bigger then my own head.

short term to start muay thai.

[ This Message was edited by: XpOiSoN FrEeX on 2002-04-12 04:55 ]

Short term : Improve marks in school, especially in math, physics, software design & development. Get a UAI (university admission index) of over 90. Start training hard and be able to kick head height with no warm up.

Long term : Go to University, get a black belt in BJJ and a striking art. Get up to about 90 kgs of muscle, ripped.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Hiya, just as a side note... You do know that doing the splits doesn't mean you can kick head height don't you ?

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Short Term (By end of this year)

10KG at least more lifting power

Heart Rate down to 50BPM

Double number of Pushups to failiure

I have a Word file set up with all my goals, with tables set up so I can take how I am working towards them each month.

My long Term would be to earn my Black Belt in Taekwondo, continue training in this and take up Jiu Jutsu then when I have finished 6th form/College, to move North to study Jeet Kune Do under YODA or one of his associates. (Part of Dan Inosanto lineage, some definite quality training there)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

i have many different ones: but sadly im not too big a fan of the goals!!!

short term: run 12.8 over 100m (im an athletics fan too! ), actually try at school...., get to next belt.

long term: i want to go to the OLYMPICS ... do me it doesn't matter for what sport ..but geeees i want to go!!! :razz: oh yeah one more!!!.....make lotsa money!!!!

luv lindz!!!

boo!

My short and long term goals are simple.....

Improve a little bit every time, give 100+ %,

Not Just Karate, But Life as Well.....

And, of course have fun while doing it!!!

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

My short term goal is to improve as a martial artist. Practice hard, and soak up everything.

My long term goal is to teach. I had the pleasure of teaching at my last school (not paid but well worth it). When you teach a kid how to do a kick and they do it right. Their faces light up and say "I did it!" It's the coolest feeling in the world :smile:

Laurie F

Short- To become a Brown belt

Long- To never lose in a fight, EVER, on the streets.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi