• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sports and martial arts

do any of you do martial arts and sports at the same time and if you do does it get in the way of your sports or not because i play 3 different sports and i was just wonderin if it would get in the way if i started to do it

:???:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No it doesn't get in the way at all. Actually martial arts has helped me with much better endurance in tennis. Last summer after an hour of playing I was soo tired, but now I can play tennis for 2 hours and it's not tiring at all.

Also since it improves flexbility and strength too, it would help your sport if you played a sport that needed flexbility and or strength. :smile:

Cya

Hiya :cowboy:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

3 different sports ? How do you suppose to do MA with 3 different sports, one day for training and one day for playing. That one day where you do nothing ?

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

it depends on how much u want to put into martial arts....if ur a fanatic who wants to do it 5 days a week well it isnt gunna work is it!! but on:

mondays 3 hours athletics training..then 1.5 hours martial arts

tuesdays:FREE!

wednesdays: basketball

thursdays: athletics tr'n again!

friday: fencing (only just started though!)

saturday: basketball game

sunday: golf!!

so yeah i have a packed schedule but i find time....so just squash it in somewhere n if it becomes a pririty for u ..just get rid of some other ones!!

:idea :grin:

boo!

I guess doing sport might help you in martial arts, running regularly increases stamina etc.

In the same way your martial art may help you become better at your sport. I think it depends on how much you can handle doing, if you can't handle them all you'll know because you're performance in at least one of them will suffer. I know I couldn't handle an MA and three sports! :smile:

I'm the fanatic, BJJ hehehehehehe

Anyway, there was a girl in my last school who did two sports and MA. She took class 2 days a week, and I guess that fit into her schedule (on top of high school).

We also had a junior instructor who did soccer and taught (on top of high school), and she was bad at juggling her schedule.

So, I guess it depends on the person. It depends on how much you can handle.

Laurie F

I am totally against three different sports at once... thats just insane... it puts too much on your schooling, social life, and family. If your thinking about taking something that is very time consuming and thought provoking up like Martial Arts you should think about dropping some of them.

Do unto others, as they done to you.