• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What should I do with my training?

if it's a pulled legament it's better to take it easy, i had it , i tried to be carefull but it is impossible , finally i rest for 2 weeks, then i went back with a good brace and i stop kicking at all , no sudden move or jumping and i stoped streching that knee, i healed (or i think it healed) after 6 months, a bad ACL can cost you a fortun even with insurance still deductables goes around 3K-5K. first thing get a good $30 knee brace with metal supports. and DO NOT RUN a friend of mine had a lose legament and while joging lost balance and his knee collapsed ,febula almost tore the skin out.

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey everyone- thanks for the replies. I went to the dr, and he thinks its a torn meniscus. I'm getting an mri in two weeks.

Has anyone every had this going on before? Any experiences?

Thanks again!

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Cut down on the number of classes you do per week. In the classes you do attend, do what you can to maintian your technique. Slow the techniqes down, and work on proper form and strength. If one knee is giving you problems, work with the other.

My knees give me fits, but I notice it more with the stances than with kicking.

Another thing: keep stretching. Even if you don't warm up, very light cold stretching will help maintain some flexibility.

Hey everyone- thanks for the replies. I went to the dr, and he thinks its a torn meniscus. I'm getting an mri in two weeks.

Has anyone every had this going on before? Any experiences?

Thanks again!

Depends on if you need surgery. Hopefully not, because sometimes you end up worse than before.

Hang in there, hope everything turns out OK.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

If it is a torn meniscus they can trim around the tear and clean it up. With a bit of rest it should be something you can live with and train with. If you don't have a torn ligament as well you are very lucky. But even with fairly severe knee injuries you should be able to eventually continue training, although possibly with some modifications/limitations needed. I tore my PCL, both MCL's and the each meniscus is my left knee some twenty years ago and was able to eventually train again, in kicking oriented styles no less. Good luck.

ichi-go ichi-e

一期一会

one encounter, one chance

I forgot to mention that cleaning up a torn meniscus is a fairly straight forward and non traumatic procedure. They "scope" your knee while you're still awake - you can even watch it on the monitor.

ichi-go ichi-e

一期一会

one encounter, one chance