• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bad shin kick

P.A.L

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Angle of the kick is going to depend on the angle of the target. Inside leg kicks generally go at a upward angle, outside leg kicks are better at a downward. Downward is slower though, so it's not always possible.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Actually, a downward can be quicker(whip kick mosly with instep), it depends how it's done. However, I do agree that an inside leg kick is done from low to high. You also get more power from chopping your kicks down instead of just blasting them from the ground to the target.

Remember these kinds of kicks are much different then your typical mawashi geri...you have to pivot on the ball of your supporting foot so your heel almost points at your target to get maximum power. I'm half tempted to get a shinai and start beating students that make me repeat this to them over and over...

Don't just focus on the legs, focus on the ribs, stomache, sternum, neck, head, etc. I like to come up with a knee but then twist my hip over and extend my shin out so that my foot is straight and practically right over my opponent's ribs and stomache..the effect is a 90 angle kick with my shin over the opponent's stomache/ribs. I slide forward when doing this to get a little more oomph.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=