• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What motivates you?

I need it for the excersize, i took 23 off and recently started again for my health. plus I have an 8 year old son who I want to learn the art. My 3 year old daughter is already bugging me to start because she loves wathcing her brother.

My kids will probably keep me going until I can't.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my motivation is how i strive to be the best in my chosen field and perfect every pattern that i learn.

A machine can do the work of 50 men, no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man though

1. Always making myself better than I was before.

2. Trying to do better than my friend (who's almost two ranks ahead of me; he brought me in about two years after he came).

3. Teaching the kids. I love teaching them. I may not be the best teacher, but they do learn. I love watching them as they pick it up, piece by piece. It doesn't have to be pretty at first, it doesn't even always start out looking like a technique, but helping them and fixing what they do...you watch these kids grow. You watch them grow and learn and do well. It's one of my favorite things.

4. Trying to find harmony in life. The world of high school is a seriously unbalanced place that would be better called a mental asylum. I try to always keep myself centered and balanced while everybody is jumping off at the little things.

5. The people. The people in my dojo motivate you to do well.

6. Knowing I can defend myself and others, should it ever come to that.

7. The spiritual side to it. Finding peace with myself and others.

I really could go on and on, but those are some of the main ones.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

1. Making my body flow as opposed to jerk

2. Protect myself and my loved ones

3. Grow spiritually

4. Get ripped

There's no place like 127.0.0.1