What motivates you?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now its become an addiction, other than that...

my motivation is enjoying my known and yet to be known benefits that I'm developing from Martial Arts.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

TO be able to protect love one, become healther, wanting to be the best I can at it and the focus that it give you.

"Martial Arts is kinda like yin and yang when you think about it; it 50% physical and 50% mental"

It is spiritually fulfilling, fun, and pushing past my limits. Competition means little to me though. As Lao Tsu once said, "Mastering others is strength, Mastering yourself is true POWER."

Seek not and you will find. -Lao Tsu

• 4 weeks later...

Just walking through the dojo doors motivates me. You know, there are days when you just want to lay around, but you know you should go and train. Then when you get there, all the people who have now become another family are there and happy that you are there and appreciative for any type of help you can give them in their training. At the same time, I am constantly working my own technique by just working with them.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

i want to be the coolest dad in the world to my kids. help children reach potential they otherwise would not have even known they had. love to compete. love to train.

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

the perfection of my character even in my 50's after 35 years I have yet to scratch the surface and am not much better than I was 35 years ago

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt