• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to repair a bo?

jay46

I have a nice lightweight bo that has a crack in the middle of it. It's as if a sharp object fell on it while on the floor. It seems it will break in half if I hit anything with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can repair it? Thanks!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know if it is worth repairing at this point. If you try to fix it there is a good chance it will break while training because of the amount of stress that will be placed at the point of the break. IMO, you should retire it and buy a new one.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I have a nice lightweight bo that has a crack in the middle of it. It's as if a sharp object fell on it while on the floor. It seems it will break in half if I hit anything with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can repair it? Thanks!

If the crack doesn't interfere with using the pole then make that your form pole/bo. For sparing use rattan. It shreds in layers which makes it pretty durable. Shreding spots can be reinforced with masking tape to get more use out of it.

I suggest you get a new bo. Because one day my inscrutctor was training with a bo with cracks in it and while he was using it it broke and flew off. Dont take a risk and get a new one

"Martial Arts is kinda like yin and yang when you think about it; it 50% physical and 50% mental"

• 4 weeks later...

I'd get a new one. It's probably not safe to use even for doing kata/forms with. Retire it and keep it for display only!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!