• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Adidas Karate Suit

KK

Perhaps it’s required of them to have one in their dojo, in any case really its irrelevant as to why and such...

KK,

Ummmm, I might try using google to find a trustworthy online site that would sell a gi. That way, if you really want what you're asking you can possibly send an email to the owner and get a costum one(expensive though).

So conclusively I would suggest a online source.

It might be irrevelant, but some of us like to understand things and the question why is always valid. So, does it matter to us? Progrably not, but it does to him/her. Maybe we can learn from the answer.

My guess is probably it's either a dojo requirement or that he/she likes the style. Either are valid.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying very hard to bite my tongue here because I think many of you are being silly about this adidas karate gi with the stripes.

The issue that drives me more nuts is people that only have a year or two of training and post on forums about something they have no clue about. Or people that are yudansha that wouldn't even be a rokyu kyu in my dojo.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

I rather not have stripes but hey each to their own. You can most likely find it at http://kicktech.net assuming your looking for the master gi (kumite gi) with stripes.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

I haven't even tried the Adidas gi out yet for myself but in the past I've liked these brands: Juka(pretty cheap), Kamikaze, Toyo, Tokaido, and Shureido.

I bought a cheap black Tiger claw jiu jitsu gi here about a month ago..I think I only paid $44, which included the shipping. My only complaint with this gi, the "willy cahill" line would be the pants aren't as sturdy as I would like but the top alone is worth the $ to me. My HCK and Ouano gi are finally done...had those for a long time. In jiu jitsu I own white, blue, and now a black gi...In the past I even trained at a more "freestyle" karate dojo and wore a red gi :o "like, omg!"

I typically wear a white gi, though...I could care less about the color of someone's gi or what is on it if their Karate is good.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

First of all I am a "she", I am a black belt 2nd dan (been training for the past 16 years), and it is a present for someone who I thought may appreciate it as I think the stripes are somewhat different to the complete white Gi.

Not to mention someone asked why and another replied why do we were a black belt when we are a black belt, etc. It is the same as why do karateka wear a white jacket and black trousers rather than the whole white or whole black suit.

It is everyone's own preference.

I thought the Adidas gi looked smart but many of you say you wouldn't wear it.

Everyone has their own opinion, just like I wouldn't wear a Karate Gi if it had anything on the back of it.

But thanks to the people that provided links for me to have a look at. Much appreciated.

First of all I am a "she", I am a black belt 2nd dan (been training for the past 16 years), and it is a present for someone who I thought may appreciate it as I think the stripes are somewhat different to the complete white Gi.

Not to mention someone asked why and another replied why do we were a black belt when we are a black belt, etc. It is the same as why do karateka wear a white jacket and black trousers rather than the whole white or whole black suit.

I dont think this is as common as you think. I know at least my school and organization has white tops and bottoms.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I also attend a club that wear white tops and bottoms, I just used that as an example.

Some clubs in the UK wear mixed, some don't, I even read that a Karateka wore a full red suit.

One of the Senseis that used to teach me wore a full red suit, his son wore a full black and the rest of the students and other Senseis wore full white.

I also attend a club that wear white tops and bottoms, I just used that as an example.

Some clubs in the UK wear mixed, some don't, I even read that a Karateka wore a full red suit.

One of the Senseis that used to teach me wore a full red suit, his son wore a full black and the rest of the students and other Senseis wore full white.

Oh, interesting...

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn