• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Heh, these guys come in too close and end my kicking my arse, quite literally, they hit my in the butt! I'd have to put my shin on a 90degree angle to hit their's... I know what u mean though. I found that i can block side kicks and front kicks with it too!!! I just lean forward a bit and flick the kick away as it comes in. I know it's dangerous for me but it sure is fun seeing them getting pissed off cos i do a ridiculous leg block on them.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A TKD kick is chambered with the knee up and is primarily thrown with more quad strength. A Muay Thai round kick isn't chambered and the leg is relaxed when kicking, the power comes from the hips and a 45-degree angle step in.

A TKD kick uses the instep and top of the foot to hit, Muay Thai practitioners use the shin.

I would have to say the Muay Thai kicks is much, much more powerful that the TKD kick.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Yep, but the TKD and karate roundhouse sacrifice power for speed, it all evens out i guess.. Although i HAVE seen some pretty damn fast Muay Thai roundhouses!

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.