• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chito-Ryu*** ??? :S What IS it?

Dylan.McCullough

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Elvis Presley received his first black belt in Chito Ryu and Dan Inasanto also used to train in it.

Are you sure?

I know Elvis got a black in American Kenpo and Dan Inosanto also trained in it, but I wasn't aware this was also the case for Chito Ryu.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

I'm positive, that yes, Elvis got his first black belt in Chito Ryu...

In fact, click on that chito ryu link above and it will tell how he got his shodan and nidan under Slomanski.

I even once read a story that Ed Parker had Elvis train under Slomanski to test how toughe he is. I may have read this on a Tracy kenpo site, it's been a few years. I can't really prove or dissprove that.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

I'm a Chito Ryu practitioner. It's a popular style in Canada, Australia, and Southeastern Japan. It also has a following in Norway, Scotland, Ireland, Jamaica, Singapore, and the US as well. It's based on Shorin Ryu and Shorei Ryu. 70% hard/30% soft. Our founder, Dr. Tsuyoshi Chitose, took the best of both styles and applied his knowledge of human physiology (he was a medical doctor). Basically, he removed or modified anything detrimental to the body (for example, certain stances that can be very hard on the back and knee joints). If you got any questions, let me know. :)