• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your Black Belt or Instructorship worth

Well no, 'cus I can't think of anything I'd rather have been doing while training for my black belt. I guess I don't really think about the belt as a physical item either. You could take the actual belt away from me, but the experience I went through to get it is what really matters to me, and no one can ever take that away. Anything I did end up sacrificing in order to have such an experience couldn't ever equal its value.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My training means everything to me. If I didn't get up everyday and go and train, I would be a slug on the couch. My belt is important but not as important as the training. However, there have been times that I thought I left my Black Belt in another bag and I freaked a little. I would not want to tell my instructor that I left my belt. Thankfully, I haven't forgotten it yet. (Watch, I'll leave it behind tonight just for saying that :wink: )

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Hmmm. I hope you are not suffering from part timers diease.

Sigung White

34 years in the Martial Arts, Certified Police Trainer. Member of the Professional Karate Commission, IAOMAS, Fist Law Society, Director of the Molum Combat Arts Association and the MLCAA Honor Society

I am not part time. I train and teach everyday. However, I work nights and if I do not have to go into the dojo for a particular reason, i do not move around much at home until I have to go into my nightly full time job.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Hmmm. So, as a trainer, do you feel that all your efforts are paying off since you have sacrificed so much to get where you are today?

Sigung White

34 years in the Martial Arts, Certified Police Trainer. Member of the Professional Karate Commission, IAOMAS, Fist Law Society, Director of the Molum Combat Arts Association and the MLCAA Honor Society

cool

Sigung White

well, i'm not going to lie, my dojo is starting to turn into a Mcdojo. Which i am very upset about. (which is why I train else where now), but since I can't change the entire school I will spend what time I can making sure that the children and parents are getting what they paid for. We have good instructors just a stupid owner who only wants money. It makes it hard because the owner doesn't even like the children and talks bad about some of parents and their children behind their backs. But I work with these kids and try to instill in them good MA principles. And I hope I have.

Sorry if I started complaining, but sometimes I don't understand why these people are in the MA when they only want money. It hurts everyone that way. :( :( :( :(

I never said it wasn't dangerous.

But where does you martilal Arts jouney take you. Or your goals, or is it worth it to you to stay.

Sigung White