• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My training partner is 255-260 after meals, and I am 180, the best thing to do is give him the americana fast and hit the counter now your ready to jump on the big guys back. The counter: as soon as he locks it punch your arm streight your shoulder should come close to your ear. Then turn your hips away from him and go to your knees then take his back! :brow:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont look at it as winning and losing, if ur giving it ur best than be happy

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

• 1 month later...

HAHA.. not only do I feel your pain.. being a girl I tend to not be nearly as strong as ANY of the guys. The biggest advantage I have is I inherently understand balance, and I'm smaller and more flexable. :wink:

~BBB

Training 14 years

Kalkinodo Blackbelt

I'm one of those 'big' guys your refering to. Standing 6'7" and weighing in at 220. You may think that its a problem fighting a big guy, try being the big guy. More weight to move about, less balance, less speed. Its a problem, I have noticed a few people saying about chokes takes 'big' people down. Not me personally but a guy i've trained with can stand up with me hanging off his neck in a choke hold for about a minute. His neck is massive, i've even had him drop to his knees and then stand up again.

My trick is to wait until they jump on my back, which they always do, then drop my shoulder and flip onto them. That normally sorts it.

Just remember, if their big and your small. Your quick and their slow. Use the things that you where given. I'm usless at punches so if someone comes in close then i have a problem.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

i agree. try being a normal sized girl fighting a big guy. its essentially hell. use more technique, less strength. the big guys always underestimate girls, so i get in close finish them cause they get tired easily.

Girls are more flexible and have more endurance than most guys.

----------------------------

Kasumi - Aikido Shodan

----------------------------