• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone else have a goal in mind?

I have a couple of goals.

1. To do Martial Arts as long as my body lets me. :wink:

2. Just recently, 2 young black belts told me that their goal was to pass me in rank. Now my goal is to not let them.

Now this can be good as a motivator, but if they truely are gifted don't feel bad if they do this (depending on your style, experience, etc)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my ultimate goals in Martial Arts is to be able to evade all attacks thrown at me, that way I won't have to get hit. I think that would be really useful.

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

I am working tword learning various martial arts styles while i am still young

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

You are right fairfax, it is a good motivator. However, I am not over the hill yet and unless I fall off the face of the earth, they can't pass me :wink:

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

i was told by a master in the instructors course that whatever we wanted to do in ma was possible with patience. with that in mind, i want to teach women and children the best self defense available. not totally from rapists and gang members but from those they might not suspect until its too late. thats long term goal though. shorter term goal..... testing with my sons and wife for blackbelt this december. we started together and though bb is the beginning it has been a big step for us compared to how we acted as a family two years ago.

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"