• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone else have a goal in mind?

italian_guy and Fairfax_Uechi, you hit the nail on the head for me. Aside from what both of you stated (which is so true for me), I like to become Forms champion (traditional) and breaking (sorry, a couple of my stupid little goals along the way). And get my BB in TSD just because (oops ... did I say that out loud ?!?!?!?!?! ...).

Thanks.

Hey, nothing wrong with setting a goal. It's not even bad to express it from time to time. The key is to make realistic goals, then go achieve them.

Now reasons for goals are a totally different topic. No one can tell you a reason for a goal is good or bad. Especially when it's "just because". Sometimes in life we just need a goal of something because we want to do it. So go for it, and know that some of us think it's great. Just don't give up.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this topic! It's cool to read about all the different reasons people learn a martial art.

My goal is to . . . well, learn a martial art! I've always wanted to. I guess climbing through the belt ranks is a side-effect of this.

I think it's strange that some people have the goal of becoming a black-belt and then they quit . . .

• 2 weeks later...

My goal is to remember the one kata that I forgot

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I plan on becomeing a well known powerful martial artist who deserves to be up there and have near perfect form. that is long term, at the moment however I have a few small goals: to equal and surpass John in power and in forms, and then beat my rival at another school by doing well at my gradings and reaching his level. Once I have finished those I will move onto some of my other ones.

everyone has fear, but it is when we let it overcome us that we lose

soft, hard, slow, fast components of kata

My main goal is to live as a true Budoka.

Face every day to day challenge with confidence.

Speak the truth.

Face my own weaknesses with honesty, and strive to overcome them.

Treat all people with respect and humility.

Tend to all my responsibilities without excuses.

Strive to keep balance with all things.

Train my body and spirit to be strong,

and keep an open mind.

Unfortunately I'm not always successfull in my goal. Its a day to day commitment.

Of course I have short term goals to inspire me along the way.

One is to do my kickboxing pro test.

Another is to face a Thai in the ring.

But my most intense goal, is my dream to open my own Dojo here in Japan, and pass on the skills and lessons which I learned through practising MA, to enrich the lives of a new generation.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

I have a couple of goals.

1. To do Martial Arts as long as my body lets me. :wink:

2. Just recently, 2 young black belts told me that their goal was to pass me in rank. Now my goal is to not let them.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.