• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wing Chun  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Wing Chun

• Real
    • Edited

I really doubt he can surstain that speed or even something that looks like it that would have enough power to be of any difference to a european boxer example.

Doesn't look very impressive to be honest. But I'm sure it's different if he would actually put some power into it.

I agree, if he had some power that would be jaw dropping, but I still think he exercises an awsome degree of control while doing that.

I never said it wasn't dangerous.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really doubt he can surstain that speed or even something that looks like it that would have enough power to be of any difference to a european boxer example.

Doesn't look very impressive to be honest. But I'm sure it's different if he would actually put some power into it.

I agree, if he had some power that would be jaw dropping, but I still think he exercises an awsome degree of control while doing that.

If he can make 6 techniques that fast. Im sure he can do one or maybe two with still enough power to drop someone, or even to get down thier guard.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• 1 month later...

Looks real but then I do't really know. Hard to tell with todays video technology. I'd just rather assume it is real and say...Wow!

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

definitely real. All you have to do is practice to be fast, the more you practice the faster you will get as long as you are pushing yourself to be faster. In my school we were taught that the first emphasis should be on learning the skill of the technique and then add speed and the last thing to add is power. So if you break down your techniques and focus just on speed (as long as you have a good technique and skill) and don't focus on the aspect of added great amounts of power it is a simple concept to build speed....practice practice practice

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

The only problem I see is that the other guy just stands there, What I mean by this , is that in real life as the man enters to strike there will be a respose from the other guy, even if the first strike lands, the other guy may retreat quickly or just drop and attack the groin. It looks good when no one is fighting back.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

The only problem I see is that the other guy just stands there, What I mean by this , is that in real life as the man enters to strike there will be a respose from the other guy, even if the first strike lands, the other guy may retreat quickly or just drop and attack the groin. It looks good when no one is fighting back.

This is an advanced series of forms (or atleast that is what it looks like from the video) concentrating on throat stikes. This is NOT an application of the strike. BIG difference. Forms are for practice repition and learning, application is an demonstration of how you would use it in a fight. Also a throat strike will immediately impair any counter attack even on the first strike, in essence they hurt really bad!

-Think