• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is this excessive?

Subtract 5 and you get what other arts with 10 dans would give, since the difference is that those arts have 5 'skill' dan instead of 10.

Subtracting 5 would make him an equivalent of a 9th Dan, which still sounds dodgy to me. Genuine 9th Dans are rare and don't tend to place flash ads in the Yellow Pages.... :wink:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tradition is what you make it. This system has 15 dan ranks. I'm not saying this guy is ligit, just that ranks are not a good method of judging. Train, or at least make contact with him first, then judge.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Tradition is what you make it. This system has 15 dan ranks. I'm not saying this guy is ligit, just that ranks are not a good method of judging. Train, or at least make contact with him first, then judge.

took the words right out of my mouth

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

• 2 weeks later...

To each style their own I suppose. If his students recognize the 14th dan more power to him. Someday, he may make it to 20th dan :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt