• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

any one here take chun kuk do? I have been for 5 years and im 5th kyu

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't study that style, but after looking into it, it seems very interesting.

What do you think of it?

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

i love it, it is a very competitive form of martial arts and is really awesome. alot of my friends who take tae kwon do make fun of it because they think chuck norris (the founder) cant fight (if he cant why is he in the martial arts hall of fame) but anyways it teaches u a well rounded style of fighting and ground fighting which is really kool. and when i spar with those who know tae kwon do they cant handle me because they are not to good at ground fighting. so all in all i think chun kuk do is amazing

"TapouT or PassouT"

Well anyone that would say Chuck Norris can't fight must be seriously uninformed. But 5 years to 5th Kyu? Also doesnt he use Gups as its a korean based art?

Long Live the Fighters!

Yeah, that's strange to me too considering that most of Norris' background is TSD and TKD...he also has a black belt in bjj under Machado. I know he has a black belt in Shito Ryu, not sure what Dan and whom he received it from though(always wondered).

I'm not a fan of Norris's movies or Walker, Texas Ranger but I'd be a fool to say he can't fight. Your friends that do TKD that laugh and say he can't fight are schmucks, enough said.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

Sounds like your friends are pretty uninformed, or acting like some highschool kids I used to know back in the day... all bluster no real knowledge or understanding. My feeling is it's that way more than their being in TKD that leads to that opinion.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Well anyone that would say Chuck Norris can't fight must be seriously uninformed. But 5 years to 5th Kyu? Also doesnt he use Gups as its a korean based art?

i thought that to cause on my old certificates it says gup but when i got my 5th kyu certificate it said kyu

"TapouT or PassouT"

Bushido, did you get to 5th kyu/kup in CKD with 5 years of continuous training or did you have time off in between?

It just seems to me to be a slightly long time period to get to 5th kup/kyu.

I'm guessing that CKD starts beginners (white belts?) off as 10th kup/kyu? Or are there more than 10 kup/kyu grades?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Bushido, did you get to 5th kyu/kup in CKD with 5 years of continuous training or did you have time off in between?

It just seems to me to be a slightly long time period to get to 5th kup/kyu.

I'm guessing that CKD starts beginners (white belts?) off as 10th kup/kyu? Or are there more than 10 kup/kyu grades?

i was out for 7 monthes due to a hip injury so it wasnt continous but there are 12 gup/kyu grades (white belt) and with my instructer we cant test until we have every thing pretty much perfect. and ill be testing for my fourth kyu soon

"TapouT or PassouT"

• 4 weeks later...